Thread: More paintball on TV

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

More paintball on TV

My Tivo wishlist automatically records anything with the word "paintball" in the title or description, and thanks to it, I discovered that Spike TV has a new show called PB2X (Paintball2Xtremes) from the makers of the magazine by the same name. Apparently it just started this past weekend; I finally got around to watching it tonight. I wasn't too impressed--it appears to be aimed at brand-n00bies, explaining things like the difference between scenario/woodsball and tournament/speedball play, how to take apart your marker, and oh yeah, plenty of ads for the print mag. Even their equipment "review" (it was a pair of speedball pants this week) came across as a blatant sponsor spot. They did show the entire final game from a tournament between D-Effect and Doc's Raiders, not compressed for time--it was pretty one-sided, but still fun to watch. At 30 minutes long, I was able to whip through it pretty quickly, but I still wasn't impressed.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I actually liked it... but then any paintball coverage is better than nothing, right?

BTW, I've been invited to participate in a tournement on the 24th of this month... 5 man rookie with some of the guys I play with at the store. I'm planning on doing it but we'll see how I feel healthwise as the date approaches.

It's also going down during the Hawks-Pats matchup. Dunno how I'll feel about missing that...
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

If you want to get in a practice run some Saturday, just let me know! I'm like you with my Giants--I don't wanna miss 'em, but I miss playing paintball. I should call ECX and see if their field is open yet (they're probably tired of hearing from me).