Thread: Zoom Information

Zoom Information

For those who want to be able to change their zoom levels without actually having to zoom in, you are going to need to manually change an item in your user.ini file. This file is located inside your bin folder, once opened find the key you have set for zoom cycling, (I am using T) and change what it equals to forceCycleZoomLevel. So mine simple reads T=forceCycleZoomLevel. So now it will change when ever you hit the proper key, but that doesn't really help unless you know what it is without zooming in, so you will need the zoom hud, which is now located on the AK FTP, currently in the Upload folder. Well that's it, hope that helps.
    pix

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Thx
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Sah-weet! Thanks Pix, I've moved the file to the Uploads directory, along with a new map that someone uploaded. The name should look familiar to T2 fans...

August Knights

Pix, is there a single source for stuff like this, or did you have to pick it out of a discussion thread?

The key I would really like to see is a grapple release key. I'm working on high-speed grappling, which will obviously be totally necessary for serious capping. The problem is that I never quite know when my line will start to bend around a corner and break. Sometimes it breaks a little early or right on time, but sometimes it holds too long. So if I think it might hold too long, I press Fire to release it. But sometimes I guess wrong and the line-bend release is a little earlier than I expected. So when I press Fire to try to release, I instead shoot a new line and end up attached to some random object---or the ground. Great death and suffering ensues.

The natural solution IMHO is to map a key that releases a grapple if you've got one out, but won't fire one if you don't have one out. Has anybody done something like that yet? Would it even be feasible?
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

I think I know what you are talking about, but I don't think what you are asking for exists, nor do I think anyone is making it. As for where I get my information, I get it mainly from the tribal war forums, the tribes, and scripting and modification sections.
    pix

August Knights

I was afraid of that, Pix. Oh well. Thanks for keeping us up to date.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas