Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW on Nov 23rd

August Knights

WOW on Nov 23rd

Looks like World of Warcraft will be here by the end of the month. One of my co-workers has freinds on the dev team and she has been playing it for a while via the friends and family betas. She said she has had more fun playing this than she has EQ EQ2 DAOC or any other massive multi games. I think I am gonna get on board with it since I spent 2+ years playing DAOC and have been itching for a new one to play. Anyone else looking to get in on WOW?

-Goob

It looks pretty interesting, could use some more customability, but that's really only something for screenshots.. I played WoW in the stress test, and the early levels were actually fairly enjoyable, unlike in SWG and others where it's a complete friggen grind to get past n00b status.

I'd pick it up if I knew some friends are also getting it, kinda the whole point of being in a MMOG. Otherwise I'll stick with Vampire :TM:B.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I think I'll be playing it. Now that I've spent some time with both WoW and EverQuest II, I have to say that I'm more interested in WoW. EQ II is graphically superior, hands down, but it just hasn't been as fun for me as WoW has. WoW's graphics might not be state-of-the-art, but they're certainly charming and atmospheric. WoW is very well-designed, polished, and easy to get into.

I've had no luck on any beta sign ups, so I don't know which I will be playing, since I haven't played either, but I do know I'll be playing one of them for sure. I need to get my MMO fix, its been a long time since I gave up on Star Wars Galaxies. Eq2 will be coming out tomorrow, so I will be giving that a try, and I also plan to give WoW a test ride once the public stress starts, so I'll see which one I am more drawn to. It could be an expensive test if I prefer WoW.
    Last edited by Pixelsponge; 11-08-2004 at 05:38 AM.
    pix

August Knights

Since I am home sick today.. I was on fileplanet and they have the final beta thing going on. I just got a key and am downloading now. Might give that a shot Pix. The key is good through the public beta as well.

I got no idea what class to play though... been reading the boards but most of them are filled with complaints and 'nerf' whining. I am thinkin bout being a Pally....

-Goob

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Forums concerning any MMORPG will always be full of complaints and nerf whining. It's just a fact of life.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Nov 16. HL2. Be there or be square.

Just sayin' is all...
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

Right now its only open for subscribers to fileplanet, and that I am not.
    pix

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly
    Nov 16. HL2. Be there or be square.

Just sayin' is all...

You mean if Verant lets it be released?
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Verant?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Goob, I've tried almost all the classes, and they are all distinctive and fun to play. Each seems to have to ability to solo reasonably well, and each requires a different style of play. Having played most of the classes, I honestly can't say which will ultimately be the most powerful. The classes seem to be fairly well-balanced. That said, I think the warrior may be the easiest class to play, at least in the low levels. Warriors slice through mobs like butter and can take a lot of damage. However, I've enjoyed my rogue more than any other character with the possible exception of my mage. Here's my typical combat strategy for my rogue: Pull with throwing knife, use Sinister Strike to do some significant damage, then use gouge to stun the mob, thus enabling me to run behind it and execute a backstab. With some combo points now built up, I usually just have to use my finishing move (Eviscerate) to finish it off. This strategy routinely works on mobs as much as three levels higher than myself.

I wasn' thinking.. Vivendi, that is..

I knew it started with a V at least.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

geez I go away from my computer for a couple hours and the open beta is released, and already all the accounts they are giving out are taken... thats some open beta...
    pix

August Knights

Well I broke down and have been playing all friggin day.. First impressions are real good... I am really liking this game. I have been mostly doing quests and things with a couple of mine crawls. After approx 6 hours of play I made it to lvl 10 (as a Pally) So the grind is not too bad. Need to get a lil higher and do a good group outing to really see how the xp stacks up though. I have not touched crafting at all...and I prolly won't. I hated that in DAOC it just is not fun to me. But I now know I will be going to get this when it hits the stores.

-Goob

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Crafting is actually very easy and well-designed in WoW, and the items you can make are pretty powerful. You should give it a try.