Thread: The History of a new comptuer...

Help The History of a new comptuer...

Today I got a call from the computer store, they told me my computer was fixed and I could come pick it up. (read tech support to find out why I needed a new motherboard.)
    Wow, I thought, I figured they would make me wait at least a week.
    After bringing it home I poped off the case to install my sound card (I don't trust them with anything that I bought myself, you will soon find out why) So here I am just about to install it in the same place as before, but the screw that I had put in the hole that holds the card was missing. I said to myself, and I quote "The basterds....they stole my screw."
    so, I took a screw from an empty space and installed it, but it didn't feal that secure, kinda loose.
    Booted up everything is fine, but wait...no sound!
    Took the case off again, unscrewed the sound card from its space. I then took the card out, with relative ease and tried to put it in again, but noticed this time it was sliding way to easy. Oh well a broken slot, no big thing I have 2 more.
    Installed the sound card in the slot below. Works great.

Computer froze... bunch of problems later... ect.

Tried to connect to the internet, computer told me it didn't have a dial tone. I looked at the modem and I could see the little yellow strips on the end of the card, I undid the screw and the card FELL off the board bouncing off the sound card and hitting the floor!! THEN the Network card fell and landed on the modem!
    AAAHH!!

I called the store and told them exactly what happend(2 times) then after thinking about it for a second he told me that it might be my fault and I pressed to hard when I installed my sound card.

I almost dropped the phone... (I told him before that the sound card fit loosely when I put it in the first time!)

After telling him that I knew for a fact that wasn't the problem, I was told to bring it in they will take another look.
    In re-cap I have a new broken motherboard and I'm taking it back so they can give me a new motherboard...AGAIN.

Makes me want to scream!

Well, got it back today.....everything seems to be working.

3rd times a charm I guess

------------------
    "Does not enable user to fly"
    - Warning on Batman cape