Thread: Clay's recently viewed movie reviews - so many dud's, so little time

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Clay's recently viewed movie reviews - so many dud's, so little time

Having mixed results in the movie department these days. Here's what I've seen recently. Be sure to read this, this could save several hours of pain.

Life Aquatic File this one under the "what the !@#%$ was that?" I suppose you have to be in the mood. It has a few moments, and if you like off-the-wall "Best-in-Show" type of humor, you might like it. Normal people should stear clear.

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events Riding off of the Harry Potter success, it's not too surprising to see more popular childrens books made into movies. This is a surreal movie done a bit like Big Fish. It was interesting, if you're into this sort of stuff, but really wasn't that impressive. See it if you're really bored and fascinated by the topic, but don't pay full price - better sneak in your own snacks on this one too.

Troy Wow, this was a really great made-for-TV miniseries. To bad it wasn't. As a movie, it left much to be desired. Brad Pitt was horribly miscast for this role - and I think they showed his butt about as often as his face. And Orlando Bloom just needed to die. Basically, you really just sort of hoped that everyone in the movie died, since no one appeared worth a crap - or at least interesting. Fortunately, most of them do.

Borne Supremecy This movie rocked. Not an award winner, but if you like ot have a DVD collection, go ahead and save the rental money by just buying it now.

Ice Storm Kevin Kline; Sigourney Weaver; Toby McGuire; and Elija Wood and directed by Ang Lee in a movie involving swing parties. You'd think this would at least be intersting, but no - This gets my award for worst movie I'll see in 2005 - and it's only January! Trust me, don't see this.

Dangereous Beauty Mostly no-name (to me) actors. This movie is about Cortisians and I have to say it was pretty darn good! The climax (pardon the pun) was a bit hookie, but all in all this wasn't a half bad date movie at all.

National Treasure This was pretty darned good! It's not high-brow fair, but it's fun. I recommend it.

Modoline (something) WWII movie set on the Greek Isles w/ Penelope Cruz. This was a bit of dud IMHO.

Personally I thought Troy was a great movie.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Bourne Supremecy sucked (shakey cam ruins the action completely) and The Ice Storm was a tremendous movie. Electrocuted kids sliding down icey roads face first? How great is that?
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.