View Poll Results: Scrimmages...are you ready for one a week?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bring'em on!!!

13 92.86%
  • I'm not sure but...okay!

1 7.14%
  • If I have to!

0 0%
  • No Way...I Scared!

0 0%

Thread: Scrimmages

Pill Scrimmages

Are you guys ready?

[AK]NeverRetreat

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    IMO, it would be cool to scrimmage AND keep our 2 practices as well. Dunno if it's doable, but that would be the best for the advancement of our skills as a team.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

This is a poll guys...

After 25 reviews and no responses maybe we shouldn't scrimmage.

[AK]NeverRetreat

August Knights

I think scrims would be great, but I worry about cutting our practice schedule in half. We're still experimenting with strategies. I suggest that we either 1) go to three nights a week - one scrim and two practices, or 2) we only scrim every other week.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

This isn't competition, it's a scrimage. Scrimages are a chance to work out stratigies against a less predictable opponent. I think we're ready to take that step. If we hold our own, it will allow us to adjust and fine tune. If we get our can's crunched, then we can back-off and regroup with more practices and less scrim's.

Carpe Diem
    [AK]Dr_K

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIUM ERUDITIONS HABES......

hmmm...you both have good points. We need to test our strategies and abilities on others...that is a given. On the other hand we need to continue to improve our tactics and practices give us a chance to stop, start, change, etc.

Three practices a week maybe okay for some, but I bet many wouldn't be interested in this at all. That is two practices and one scrimmage...provide me wrong guys.

When we get into league competition we'll have 7 to 10 days to get our map strategies worked through...again using 2 practices in a week system...remember not as many opportunities to scrimmage when your in a league. So, our focus would be back to practices.

All the unseen varables come with scrimmages that we need to learn. Reducing down these opportunities to learn by scrimmaging every other week may be good but even better with one a week.

Remember we are talking about the best situation here is one practice and one scrimmage a week...that may not necessarily happen given the amount of effort to track down teams that can or will scrimmage on our normal nights.

[AK]NeverRetreat

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I've voted, and my vote is bring em on! I do some consulting during the week, but that's few and far between. Other than that, my only time commitment is to my better half. Wednesdays and Sundays, she sticks around, but leaves me alone for our practices. Mondays and Thursdays, she stays away and lets me watch my rasslin'. That means that I'm cool for scrimmages for four nights out of the week. If we need to add a third T2 night, or shuffle for scrimmages, I should be good to go.

ColorSmile

Well, if you could get the scrims off of Sunday, I would be happy to be there as much as needed, at least until the wife got to the point of leaving... I actually tried to join in last night, but I apparently wasn't noticed, and TS was causing system lockups and whatnot. Also, the large "Back" button on the side of my Intellimouse Explorer, which I typically use for my talk key in TS, seems to be selecting an armor loadout instead... I don't know if this is a new thing since the latest patch (or patches, for that matter), but I need to figure it out because I like that button... See yas...
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand

Shades

I'll be happy to schedule a Tues, Wed, Thurs night scrimmage starting August 1st area.

Zorro...I notice you last night but the darn admin stuff is so messed up I can't do squat. I can change maps, time, mode but can't admin ppl, kick ppl or like last night bring them into the game.

Sorry...and the in game community stuff is totally fried! Never know what to expect when I fire up T2 these days.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Zorro, are you running any of Panama Jack's scripts? One of them enables the side buttons on an Intellimouse to do in-game things.

Actually, I just learned that that was, in fact, the problem... I'll go home, disable that crap, and I should be back in business! woohoo! Thanks, though.
    [AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    AugustKnights.com WizOp

if we aren't supposed to eat animals,
    then why are they made out of meat?

unitedwestand