Thread: Anarchy Online?

Warrior

Anarchy Online?

Anybody out there playin Anarchy Online? I just picked it up today an looking for someone that plays and maybe a few tips?
    Thanks
    Wickhawk

1. I have it.. don't play much though.
    2. It's really buggy so I'm still playing EQ
    3. Its really laggy when you finally get in the city, almost unplayable.

Thats just some stuff I've run across.. Its no match for EQ.. it has potential, but right now its hororland for me.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

I've been playing quite a bit of AO. My characters is a lvl 20 attrox enforcer. if you see me on line give me a shout. Also let me know what your character/s name/s are. The game is still flawed. Basically it boils down to 2 big problems right now, either of which I wouln't blame anyone for not puting up with.

Number one, I think you will find that you crash about every 0- 3 times you try to zone. Each time you zone it's very potentially a crash. I've found that if I reboot my machine I can then log right back in and play some more. (this is extremely anoying) And number two as slaughter says, when ever you get withing visible distance of more than about 4 or 5 people the frame rate goes down to nothing. Basically you can see your screen moving every 5 or 10 seconds.

My temporary solution to this is to find remote areas with vending machines and insurance terminals where far fewer people are.

These two major problems aside, the game is still quite fun, and if you like to solo it's great. Far more soloing potential than EQ (which I still think is a great game, just different) And quests/missions in this game are actually worth it, very unlike EQ's quests. In fact, my lvl 20 enforcer has gotten there entirely, and solely by doing mission after mission.

Forgot to mention my guy's name is Ghazkul.

just to help you out next time, griznak, you can edit your message instead of posting a new one. look down and right after the post, and you'll see the edit button. shouldn't miss it.

sorry, don't have ao. i hardly buy games anymore, since most of them aren't worth it.

editing note: this is an example of an edited message.

turn on html please!
    Last edited by the wolffman; 07-28-2001 at 07:23 AM.

Warrior
    My character is a level 5 informer, agent on the clan side, and its name is Wickhawk.
    Im still havin trouble using the in-game feature to find people online ..... anybody know how this is done?
    thanks
    wick

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades

Level 25 Atrox Soldier here. A well paid employee of the Omnitech corporation (ever notice that the name of the company in Robocop was Omni Consumer Products... coincidence?).

Name is Grimshaw.

[AK]Widowmaker