Thread: Let's Get Em

Shades Let's Get Em

Good luck to everyone on tonight's scrimmage. You guys on defense really played good, expecially considering you were so outnumbered. D is really learning how to put the hurt on us heavies. Looks like I'm going to have to develop a few new moves of my own. The scrim is still on right?
    Is That A Threat!

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Last I knew we were still on. Since Beasts TeamSound server seemed to be on the fritz last night we should make a contingency to switch to the alternate TeamSound server ASAP if we encounter problems tonight. We should all try to get on a bit early to make sure we can all talk.

Do we all want to be in the main TS channel or do we want to break out into Offense and Defense? I guess I could see merits to both. Personally, I'd like to have us all in one channel as the O and D may need to exchange info during the match.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

I'd vote to just use the alternate ts channel to avoid anything bad happening, and keep us all on one channel unless the chatter gets to be too much. O and D could help talk to each other to give warnings and such, but then again we could also type that stuff, and avoid waiting in line to use the ts. Most of the things that O and D interact with can be said by using the voice commands, but I have no idea. Guess I'll wait to hear how the top dogs feel.
    Is That A Threat!

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    We've been splitting to o and d channels. Too chaotic otherwise.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

And I suppose it's real easy for the O and D coordinators to hotkey into the other channel if the need arises.

I can't wait!
    [AK]Bribo

Cool

What about using the ts channels, does anyone else have any opinions on that. I'll be in the ctf then the practice server early practicing my mortar shots and mass destruction if anyone would like to joing me. I'll probably use the original channel to see if it is working ok, and sorta test it out for us. It would be great if we could get an admin into the ctf server, that way we could practice our scrimage maps early against live bodies. Just a thought.
    Is That A Threat!

Both the offense and the defense on one channel is way too chaotic, as Squidly pointed out. People talking over eachother makes the thing almost usless. Its the diversity of being able to split channels and switch back and forth between the two that brought us to use teamsound. Personally I have 3 hotkeys set, one for the general channel, one for O channel, and one for D. I can switch to relay info at any point in the game, and then back. Anyone that hasnt figured out how to utilize this option needs to do so soon. Ill be glad to help if needed.
    Lets plan on starting out in the general channel(before the match starts) and then going to our respective channels (O or D) when the game begins, or shortly beforehand.
    Also, remember to use the voice-bind keys when possible... alot of times an outgoing capper can use VWE(Incoming enemies!) and thats all the warning we need.
    Thx guys!! Lets have a ball tonight!!!

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I spoke to our network guys today, and the DNS servers have been wonky (I passed the TS server off as an "experiment with voice over IP" ). They're pretty sure it's Code Red related, and they're pretty sure it's all fixed now. I'll also be rebooting the TS server before I go home tonight. If it's not too much trouble, let's give it a shot before the match gets rolling. If need be, we'll fall back on the backup, but that's a strain that NR's computer and connection don't need if we can avoid it.

Oh, and I think it could get pretty freakin' hectic with us all on one channel. Most of the time we shouldn't be in each other's way anyhow. Only problem I could see is if the offense needed us to blow up an inv or a turret for a takeover of the enemy base, but those are pretty simple thoughts.

Sounds like a plan. It's clobberin' time!
    [AK]Bribo

When rebooting the server does the IP address stay the same? Or will we need to get a new number from you? looking forward to tonight, going to be a blast.
    pix

World's Worst Speller Widowmaker's Avatar

Shades

I am still sick so no computer for me. This damn thing came back sunday night in my throat so the antibiotics I have been taking don't seem to be clearing it up as it should. Couple that with having to take the bus to and from work (takes over an hour each way) and by the time I get home I am ready for soup and bed. Saw the doc again and the mass in my throat may be an infection in the lymph gland itself (or some other kind of infection) and if it does not clear in 5 days they are talking about draining it with a needle. I have not been able to actualy play any computer games in some time and am realy sick of being sick.

See you guys when I see you,

Tim
    aka [AK]Widowmaker

Get well soon buddy!

Beast server let me in a few minutes ago. We will use Beast's first and Zorro's as backup if we run into any challenges. O and D will use their own channels during scrimmage. If information needs to be relayed between the two...Only the O and D captains are to do this.

I need JB and R23 to show tonight. If in fact we have 12 AK's show on time then we will go AK. However, it is important that you guys know what your role is if you get in the scrimmage. Mentally go over practice on both maps from Sunday and keep in mind what you guys were doing and trying to accomplish.

Offense:
    Palooka
    Goob
    Pixelsponge
    Leonidas
    Griznak
    Garrett
    Bribo
    JB Tech
    R23

Defense:
    NeverRetreat
    Zorro
    SolarWolf
    Beast
    Squidly
    Dr.K
    Wickhawk
    Abaddon
    Widowmaker (sick)
    Faxman(connection)

Wildcard versatiles
    Jackle
    Slaughter

Dang...we have enough for 16 v 16. Good Luck tonight guys...KMB

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

To answer the earlier inquiry: My computer is on a T3 connection with a static IP. 128.175.22.250, always.