Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: <null>

ColorAngry <null>

I had an interesting though frustrating experience tonight (Friday) on our server while playing Sanctuary. We had close to a full load of players on the CTF server, with three or four of them registering as <NULL>. In game, they would show up labled (xv and (xy and (xz but not on the list. They would systematically take down equipement, and then switch sides. NR was the admin and was playing on the Storm team. I was on Inferno and didn't wise up to what was going on until late in the game. I wasn't sure how to start a kick- vote when there were several of them, especially when I think there were enough of them playing to kill the vote.

I still haven't recieved the SA password, and it just frosted me to watch this sh*@ go on, especially when it was so subtle (no TK'ing, just sensless base rape). Grrrrrr......

Hadn't seen the Null thingy in awhile but your right its a pain in the rear when one needs to be removed and you can't figure out which on it is.

The null appeared once a month or so ago and if they leave game and come back then their tag would show. Not sure what causes it.

The thing was, these guys were playing as a group. They would co-ordinate activities. It was facinating to follow them around, though really infuriating. I had this "I can't believe this is happening" feeling. And, of course, it took me away from the game and messed up the defenses and play in general.
    [AK]Dr_K

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIUM ERUDITIONS HABES......

Here's another strange event...jumped on the CTF server today at 12:30PM EST and Katabatic was the map...set up defenses with no one else on map...switched sides to practice cap routes. I jump to v-pad bring up screen and its blank...back off do it again..still blank.

Kill myself and try it again...still blank. Switch sides and try it...still blank. Jump out of game and back into server...try it and its still blank. Voted to change map and switch it to Katabatic again. I run over to v-pad bring up screen still blank. I checked the F2 player screen and it shows on player but no names. I hit esc and check that I'm there but this was one weird event.

What is going on with T2?

August Knights

I've seen the <NULL> thing, but it looked to me like a server-side problem. I think that at one point I was shown as a <NULL>.

I've had weird bugs like you describe. The worst for me is when I lose my mortar reticle. It'll turn into a line without the distance markers. Sometimes it stays that way until I reboot, and sometime it ends when the map ends.

I think the code in T2 is just fundamentally flaky.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

i've had the missing vehicle console too. i made the choice to reboot the cpu

Can't kill the MPB's now. I shot 10 missles and 10 mortars at one today and didn't kill it...

What will they think of next to mess around with. Since the newest patch is just around the corner get ready for another shift in game play brought to you by Dynamix...your one stop patch and cry developer.

Question

I may be wrong, but I think I've seen a script that you can run that will make your name tag invisible to players. That script was on the same page that also had a script that allowed you to fire missles on tagets only locked for split seconds, as well as continue to fire upon that target until a new one was acquired or you switched weapons.... no matter where you pointed your launcher you were still locked. Anyways, I think that may have been what they were doing. I also get that little line when I'm using my mortar or grenade launcher. That's just got something to do with it not recognizing our script or images though. Well, that's my guess anyways.
    Is That A Threat!

Warrior
    Yea, JB
    I havent seen that script on a web page but I sure have encountered that missle script on the public servers. It gets frustrating. Instant missiles that u cant avoid, kinda takes the fun out huh

Wick

i used to have that missile script installed, but when i switched weapons after it auto-fired once, it wouldn't stop with the new weapon. i got kicked for tking.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    I consider that missile script a cheat. I hate cheats. You're right - it takes the fun out of the game for both the cheater and the cheatee. I encountered loads of cheaters playing Half-Life. There was a patch for older Voodoo cards that allowed cheaters to see through walls. Combine this with the gun that shoots through walls... you get the picture.

That's what I like about AK. Lots of honorable gentlemen depending on their abilities, teamwork and wits to get the job done.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

I've seen the Auto fire script aswell, I downloaded it but couldn't convince myself to install it. I use the ML alot and I think I'm better then any dumb script

besides, what if you just want to scare someone into dumping all their flares? Hold the lock on them long enought and they'll do it

uh, did i mention i got rid of the script?

Shades

Yeah, I didn't even bother downloading that missle script either. It was on some page that had cheats for a lot of different games, and T2 was on the list so I thought that I'd give it a look. Every script in the T2 section were complete cheats and not for bettering the game. It took some will power not to dl the missle cheat though, cuz it's one of my fav weapons. I've always wondered how tournaments and ladders keep scripts like that from being used.
    Is That A Threat!

Apperently the new beta patch has a bunch of cheat protecton, I havent tested to see if the ML script was still working, but I'll bet it isn't.