Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: <null>

Shades

That's good news to hear I guess. Hopefully some of the things that I use aren't considered cheats. Like the grenade and mortar launcher recticles script that a few of us have installed. They are an advantage for HO's that's for sure. I guess there is a fine line with cheating huh?
    Is That A Threat!

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    You're right. This can be kind of a grey area. Are "buddy points" cheating? I don't consider them so. But I know someone hada script that would also display the location of all the enemy players ("baddy point"?). Now that I would consider a cheat.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

That's a script that I think nearly every tribe out there uses, and personally I think that it should have originally came with the game, but since it didn't who knows how the beta writers feel about it. It's when you mess with things like weaponery, vehicles, and manuverability that I think the much harder decisions come into place. To me buddy points are as much cheating as stat tracking..... which also shoulda came with the game. It's great that they made the game editting as easy as they did, and I'm sure that they knew they would have to interveen (bad speller) at some point. I wonder how much script using went on at that big tourney that they held a few weeks ago.
    Is That A Threat!

August Knights

I think there was a script someone wrote based on buddypoints that would give you a waypoint to any enemy that was on your team's sensor net. A heated discussion ensued on TribalWar over whether this was a cheat. It seemed too aggressive to me.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

That one is a pretty tough call. I can't decide whether or not I'd actually consider it cheating, but I most likely wouldn't use it. Unless of course my entire tribe used it..... awwww.... it's just to hard to decide. I'd say no, and I wouldn't use it unless I was told to. I've never acually checked out very many public forums before do to the fact that most of the postings used to be junk, tribe slamming, or tribe bragging.
    Is That A Threat!