Thread: me, myself and oh my!

Cool me, myself and oh my!

hello, finally i can post! well about me:
    im very eager to learn all i can from the tribe, just from the one practice i participated in, it put a whole new meaning on my style of game play.
    I spent 6 years in the army, so obviously im used to following orders, that kind of organization is what i like, that is receiving orders and following them, everything works out, as long as theres a great plan behind it.
    well hope to not get to personal.... i have a 1 year old son, presently im living with my fiance, who has a daughter, with whom im fixing to adopt one day (makes 2 kids) Im just trying to make it through life, Im real into computers working on a degree in network information tech, got my A+ cert in 10 minutes that is took and passed the test in 10 minutes. and linux frustrated me! (i have microsoft embedded in my brain)
    well look forward to the many practices, feel free to ask me anything.

R23 (robert)
    take a look at the world and think...

Shades

Woohoo!!! He made it! Good to see you last night in practice. Hope it wasn't to much all at once. Look forward to hitting the servers with you.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Nice playing with you last night. Something you will need for future practices: Team Sound and a microphone. All of us have it installed and we use it to communicate with each other in game. You can go grab it at: www.teamsound.com. It''s kind of a pain to configure so the best thing to do is to install it, configure it as best you can and then get online with it about an hour before practice starts. There should be some people on at that time and we can help you debug any problems you have. The TeamSound IP should be posted somewhere here on the boards. (I'm at work or I's re-post it now).
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Originally posted by R23
    I spent 6 years in the army, so obviously im used to following orders, that kind of organization is what i like, that is receiving orders and following them, everything works out, as long as theres a great plan behind it.
    NR, looks like we have someone to fetch that coffee!
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

Poison

well got teamsound installed, but how to configure it for t2, im not sure.
    practice every sunday? are there other days in between?
    as you all can probably tell, im geting used to all the commands in the game, ill get the hang of it!

R23
    take a look at the world and think...

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Welcome to our little corner of the web, R23. I'm the group's TeamSound admin, so let's see if I can set you straight here. First, launch TeamSound, and create a connection to 128.175.22.250. Double click that connection to get on the server. It'll show you who all is logged in. Next, go into your TeamSound options, and on the first screen, bind a key that you won't use much to be your talk key. (I use F12.) Then, launch Tribes. You can either minimize the TeamSound window first, or just leave it up. As long as it's running, your talk key will be detected by the program, and you can talk.

If you're running Internet Connection Sharing, as I am on my client box, setup can get a little hairy. But it's been done before, so let me know if you need help with it. My ICQ is 6000685.

Practice is every Wednesday and Sunday. We start at 9:00 sharp, unless otherwise noted in these forums. This week, we're having a special Tuesday practice and scrimmages on Wednesday and (hopefully) Thursday.