Thread: TWL scheduling

TWL scheduling

NR, do you have any idea how much lead time we will have for the scheduling of matches with the TWL ladder? I want to be free for matches, but the more lead time I have, the easier it is to schedule (and I will do what ever I can for this as it is **special** )
    [AK]Dr_K

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIUM ERUDITIONS HABES......

August Knights

Here's what the ladder rules say on the subject:

>>>Challenge and Match Date Acceptance

All ladders have a time limitation for match responses. This includes Acceptance of a Challenge and/or Date Acceptance. The Present time frame is 48 hours. At that time a "Flag" is created for the Ladder Admins to address the next time they login to their Admin Console. Soon there will be emails sent to both the teams in question and the ladder Admin. If the problem is resolved by that team, prior to the Admin logging in, then the match continues as before. If the Admin logs in first the appropriate action will be taken. In this case forfeits will be granted.

In the Challenge and Acceptance process the Defending team chooses two(2) seperate dates and two(2) seperate times for the match to be played. Here is an example (May 14,2001 9:00 EST and May 15,2001 9:30 EST) No time or date should be the same in this process. >>>

The question not answered here is about the limits on the time and date that the defender can pick. If we are challenged, can we off them times two weeks off in the future? If we challenge, could the defender give us weird times, like 10pm PST or 7pm EST?

Obviously, the rules aren't driving the scheduling. I imagine it's all handled socially. When we challenge or are challenged, I imagine our guy and their guy will shoot some times back and forth until they come up with something mutually agreeable. I would be surprised if somebody just gave us two date/times, and refused to negotiate further.

So the pace of play and times of battles will probably be up to us, within reason. We know that Sunday and Wednesday nights are good. Does anybody have a day of the week when they absolutely can't play?
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

Typically you'll play a match every 7 to 10 days. Yes, they can give you screwy times and in some cases it will happen. But many will get worked out between the two teams.

I just want to say...Stick to the rules and sway when needed. Some teams just want a win and move up the ladder any way they can.