Thread: Browser

Browser

Either something funky has happen to my cable connection or something funky has happen to my browser. Pages load slower...much slower. Being on cable they normally pop up quickly but now I have a pause, then part of the page loads then a little more then pop it loads. Doing a post it seems like ten seconds goes by before this page pops up.

Is there anything I can check? This all started right around the time code red stuff hit but it shouldn't have effected me I'm on Win 98se.

Computer

well theres numerous things i would check, i personally think virus scan software sucks, whats the last thing you installed on your machne? when you noticed this starting, made any changes to settings? i think code red only affects big business machines not targeted at home users.. maybe rerun the internet connection wizard, and check or uncheck automatically detect proxie settings... im on cable here, when i check or uncheck this i do notice a performance gain/decrease on the net.
    take a look at the world and think...

your isp may be infected with the code red virus

August Knights

My cable modem does that every month or so. I just shut off the power to the modem for a minute or so and let it reboot, then everything's fine.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

I read a little about code red. its a worm not a virus. it rest in your ram and is eradicated when you restart the machine.
    im not sure of the intent it was made for, because all it does is mess up your ability to do things on the internet. and depending on the speed of your PC, it might take enough of yor processor. anyhow a complete power off will erease it from your computer you just have to find out where it came from.
    officially, code red is over. unless your a goverment site. since they were the target.
    "Luck Does Not Go About In Search Of A Fool"
    - Andy Hudson in Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy.