Thread: BF2: Tips and tricks

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar

BF2: Tips and tricks

I thought the group could benefit from the experience of our more seasoned BF2 players. Please post any tips, tricks and suggestions you have for us new guys here.

Thanks!
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Bunny hop as often as possible. Just keep hammering the space bar. Opponents will know you're experienced when they see you jump around like a rabbit. You may even get complimented on it.

When you want to kill someone, dive to the ground (dolphin). Always do this. When you aren't jumping, you should be diving.

Glad I could "help".
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Anti-tank tips:

Only use your firearm in extremly short range situations. Otherwise, practice on taking out everything, including infantry, with the anti-tank rocket.

Base anti-tank carbines are okay but the unlocks are vast improvements. I prefer the P-90, which is denied to me in Special Forces because EA sucks.

Vehicle vulnerabilities:

ATVs go down in one hit, if you hit them. I cannot count the number of times I have had a rocket go right through an ATV.

The buggies go down with one anti-tank hit anywhere.

The APCs take two to three solid hits to the back or three to the side.

Tanks are tough. They usually take three hits to the back to kill. It seems to me they are slightly more vulnerable at the junction between turret and body.
    [AK]Abaddon

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Unless you enjoy anti-armor, my recommendation for your first unlock is the first medic rifle. It has a scope, and in single fire can be used for mid-range sniping. Two bullets usually drops the enemy, and you have full auto to fall back on for up-close infantry battles. Plus, you're a medic, so you can heal yourself after winning a firefight, and can rack up a lot of teamwork points healing and reviving teammates.

AT should focus on the rear or the treads. There is a 1-shot kill spot on a tank where the turret meets the hull. But the angle has to be right as the result is a hit to the hull and a richochet to the turret. It's next to impossible, so don't focus on it. Instead, go to the roof tops of nearby buildings as the guns on the tank can't aim up to that elevation; fire down onto the turret from a safe spot

Sniper: .50 cal is great at camping chopper spawn points. Line up perfectly for a head shot and the just wait. Make sure you get the guy the minute he gets in the seat, otherwise he may start to rotate the bird and you'll lose the shot.

Supply: short bursts! Prone!

Engineer: mine all bridges!

Supply and Medic should throw out bags every chance they get, even if a friendly isn't nearby.... someone eventually will come that way and you'll get the point.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Spec Ops: I have been using this class quite a bit. On maps with bridges situated near an enemy base I always take the opportunity to blow the bridge thus hampering the enemies ability to get their armor and vehicle out.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.