Thread: Political Ad

Political Ad

Personally, I find that dirty political ads are usually more humorous and I look forward to the mudslinging that takes place over our airwaves. However, one ad didn't make the cut and won't be aired on MSM... hence, it's only available online at the candidate's website.

"Republican challenger and political newcomer Paul R. Nelson has taken his race against five-term U.S. Rep. Ron Kind (D-La Crosse) to apparently new territory in Wisconsin politics. Consider his latest video advertisement, which is so far too lewd to find a home on television in western Wisconsin's 3rd Congressional District"

http://nelson.sitebuilder.completeca...ia.php?id=6442

Bein from Tennessee were in one of the hottest senate races ever. Now this commercial actually aired local. I think after all the crap weve been through over the years with the "Ford" last name this was hilarious. Note the stereotypical characters in the ad.... It was promptly removed from the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWkrwENN5CQ

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    I for one am entirely sick of this political season. Every other commercial on TV is a political ad and my mailbox is stuffed with political flyers.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

I'm in the same boat as you Bribo... tons of mailers. What's worse is that in California, there's a prop to tax oil companies... you can image all the propaganda I get at work. Total, the pro's and con's have spent like $140 million on the proposition. Nice.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Living in Delaware, I get only a few direct mailings each year for the state and county races. (Most towns up here are governed and policed 100% by the county, with no borough councils, mayors, or the like.) The national races aren't even close, with the only one in recent memory being when ex-governor Tom Carper beat William Roth (for whom your Roth IRA is named) six years ago. (And had Roth won, he'd've died in office shortly thereafter anyhow, probably opening the door for Carper at that point since Carper's Lt.Gov won the governorship that same year). In fact, check out this article about the lack of negative Delaware campaigning.

Of course, I get all the TV mudslinging for Pennsylvania and Jersey pols, but Tivo takes care of most of those (live sporting events notwithstanding).
    Last edited by [AK]The Beast; 11-02-2006 at 10:39 AM.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

BTW--as far as that Paul R. Nelson/Ron Kind battle goes, if you like those ads, you've gotta hear this remix (there's about 30 seconds of banter from a radio show preceding it).