ColorThumbsUp buddy way point script

This is from the read me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

About AutoPoints:
    AutoPoints will allow you to automatically set waypoints to
    people on your team, enemy team, or people with a specific
    name.

Features:
    1) Add waypoints to all players on your team.
    2) Add waypoints to all players on the enemy team.
    3) If a player joins, leaves, switches teams AutoPoints will
    automatically update the waypoints for the changes.
    4) AutoPoints will automatically setup waypoints when you
    change maps!!!!!!
    5) Add waypoints to all players whose name has XYZ inside of
    it.
    6) Manual refresh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Its a pretty cool script, if you would like to try it out I uploaded it to http://home.mindspring.com/~weisman/autopoints.zip

have fun
    pix

Question

I downloaded it, and in the readme instructions it says to :

3) Run tribes 2 and from the menu, select "Scripts".
    4) Edit AutoPoints GUI as you see fit.

Where in tribs 2 is there any menu that has "scripts" listed in it?

What does "Edit AutoPoints GUI" mean?

Hey, I just play the games I don't pretend to understand them.

I think you need writers t2 support script to make this work. You can get it at http://www.planettribes.com/depot/ under the Essential Files section. Its called Support.vl2 everyone really should have this. I don;t know about that editing the gui thing I just installed it and let it fly.
    pix

Question

I personally didn't know about this script. It was the whole thing about being able to waypoint the enemy. Waypoints for teamates is one thing, but I'm just not too sure about the rest. I'm still gonna try it thought, what does everyone else think?
    Is That A Threat!

Actually I think way pointing the enemy is almost a hinderence. Because you can only see where they are moving when they are in sensor range. So when they aren't in sensor range their waypoint just sits in one spot until they come back into sensor range. So basically its kind of tricky, if you don't think about it you can be very fooled by thinking the bad guy is over there when they really aren't. Right now this script is all automatic, I am hoping in a new release you can toggle what you want to be active. Maybe that can be edited in the script, but I don;t have a clue how.
    pix

umm.. check the scripts window in community mode (click the far left button, scroll up, and click "scripts")

there should be options. i remember using this script a while back, and it's configurable.

August Knights

I've been using this script for a while, and Pix has the right take on it. Putting waypoints on the enemy sounds like a near-cheat, but it really doesn't help much at all, at least on O. When the enemy leaves the sensor net, he leaves his waypoint behind, so it's easy to lose track of him at that moment. And when you're doing a medium range disk-duel, the big X on top of the enemy makes it hard to see whether he's moving towards you or away from you. I turned off the enemy waypoints a while ago, so I could aim better.

Too many waypoints on the screen also generates clutter that drags you down after a while. For example, when everyone has a big X on them, it's hard to tell which one is the flag carrier.

Fortunately, the script author already figured all that out, which is why there's a feature to list the people you want waypoints for. I'm going to enter the names of everyone on O and leave it at that.
    Organize Aggressively,
    [AK]Leonidas

Leo how do you turn off the bad guys? Do you have to edit the script of something. I actually took this script off since I couldn;t stand having the enemies waypointed. To be truthful I didn;t really take all that time looking how to do this either, I just got lazy and removed the whole thing. Let me know, because I really like having my team auto way pointed. Its wonderful.
    pix

Ok nevermind, I found the options for it. Now this is my new favorite script again.
    pix