Thread: Anti-gun media starts spin-up for '08

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Anti-gun media starts spin-up for '08

An alarmist MSNBC video about "black rifles" in the hands of civilians. Cleverly refers to them as a civilian version of the M-16, never uses the correct name of AR-15, or clearly explains how they are NOT the same. Instead, the video refers to them as "black rifles" throughout.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/fv/msnbc/f...c.msn.com/&fg=

I can already tell if the Dems win, we're in for another full-on assault on the Constitution. The anti-gun folks have been stewing for a while now.
    [AK]Abaddon

Oh cool since mine is pink it doesn't count right?

So durocoat those puppies

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    There was a good article in Outdoor Life this month regarding the AR-15 and how more and more hunters are using them for hunting.

It would be a shame if they were denied this option.

When is the last time you heard of an AR-15 involved in a gun crime?
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

I heard about these things called 'Cars' or 'Automobiles' the other day. Evidently, criminals use them to rob banks, 'speed', elude police and conduct other nefarious activities. I also read that they kill like 45,000 men, women, and children in the U.S. every year. And on top of all of that, 'Car' manufacturers make them go faster than U.S. laws even permit they been driven. So basically it sounds like a company builds an item, designed specifically to break the law that is used in crimes that kill people. If only our elected officials could protect us from this horrible menace!

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Nuts View Post
    I heard about these things called 'Cars' or 'Automobiles' the other day. Evidently, criminals use them to rob banks, 'speed', elude police and conduct other nefarious activities. I also read that they kill like 45,000 men, women, and children in the U.S. every year. And on top of all of that, 'Car' manufacturers make them go faster than U.S. laws even permit they been driven. So basically it sounds like a company builds an item, designed specifically to break the law that is used in crimes that kill people. If only our elected officials could protect us from this horrible menace!
    your wit and sarcasm always entertains me! spot on brother

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I just read an article about this in the latest National Review a couple days ago. Ramesh Ponnuru thinks the pro-gun people are winning. Maybe it's not all doom and gloom. Here it is online: http://nrd.nationalreview.com/articl...5MGY=&b=322824

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I just love it when the MSM covers gun-related news, especially when the coverage has an anti-American, anti-war bent. Furthermore, I am concerned that we have supposedly professional soldiers throwing cartridges at houses. No wonder we're "losing" in Iraq. A smart journalist--like the one who took this photo--really should tell our GIs to put their "bullets" in "clips," then fire them with their "machine guns."

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/1479...lnihMYVaLKps8F

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Just one piece of advice - if you planning on purchasing a firearm, particularly something that self loads, buy it now. The political climate is about to change, and even if no laws get passed, there will be a considerable degree of speculation and speculative gouging going on soon. I estimate prices will start climbing in 6 months. In 12-14 months they will double.
    [insert signature text here]

Personally, I think the Dems haven't forgotten how bad they got their asses handed to them in 1994, in large part due to the NRA. Exhibit "A" being their deafening silence after the Virginia Tech shootings.

It's certainly what turned me against them for almost a decade. I only hope I'm right. Still saving up for my SIG 556.

Last edited by [AK]Sonic Boom; 08-24-2007 at 10:23 AM.
    Hasta,
    Boom

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Silence is not equal to support.

When it comes to Democrats on this topic, support doesn't even equal support.

Take nothing for granted.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Every Dem who WAS anti-gun is still anti-gun. It's a core part of their belief in a nanny government.

Fortunately, public support for gun control still fails the cost-benefit analysis at this point. The "true believers" in it are mostly keeping their heads down, and the opportunistic amoral sorts like Billary realize that shilling for Sarah Brady is not going to help their campaigns.

But if they get a firm majority and can start pushing this crap through Congress again, they will do it in a heartbeat.

There have been a number of stories in the national media lately that make me think gun control is back on the media's list of things to support -- I think they are trying to build some stories up for the Dems to cite during the '08 campaign.
    [AK]Abaddon

I do agree that not a single one has changed their stripes, particularly the worst of the lot, like Schumer and Feinstein. I was mainly referring to the newly elected ones that swung the Dems to the majority.
    Hasta,
    Boom

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    The newly elected ones will say what it takes to get elected, and vote your rights out as soon as it becomes evident that they can succeed.

For all the fear of Republicans stripping our rights, it's amazing the free-ride that the Democrats get.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.