Thread: Fps?

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Fps?

What PC first-person shooter should I buy to get back into the game with some of you folks?

The last time I went through the lengthy install process for BF2 it did not install correctly, and I wiped it off my hard drive. The disks of that buggy POS make great coasters.

I'm looking for the next upcoming PC FPS, not older tech. Time to see what my computer can do. :-)
    [AK]Abaddon

I am - and hopefully I'm not the only one - waiting for Quake Wars: Enemy Territory. The screenshots and demo movies have looked pretty good.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Not sure if there's any multiplay or how it is, but I'm going to be giving Bioshock a look in the near future. I'm also anticipating Quake Wars.

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Played Quake wars beta and really enjoyed it. Just started Bioshock and playing Graw 1 with my son... 19.99 at Best buy..

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

GRAW is a pretty neat little game, especially for the price since it's a couple years old now.

BF2 never really satisfied me, but I hear some of the more recent add-ons aren't bad.

Anything Fallout related and I'm there, but I don't think we can expect anything from there anytime soon.

I'll check out Quake when it comes out, especially if that's an an angle AK starts moving in.
    [insert signature text here]

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I've played Bioshock, and it is amazing. It doesn't have a multiplayer component, but I still highly recommend it. I played the Quake Wars beta, but it really didn't do much for me. I may try it again when it's released. Medal of Honor: Airborne looks neat. The demo just came out today, so I'll probably try it this evening.

As of now, the best FPS to buy is Bioshock, hands-down. It's on the order of Half-Life in that it too is destined to become a true classic.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Oh, I forgot to mention that Team Fortress 2 looks awesome. I guess it's not vaporware, after all.

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    Quake Wars Beta was disappointing for me as well, but I'm willing to give the retail version a try if everyone else is playing it. I'm anxious to get back into an AK FPS. Also, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is due out in November.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

CoD4 looks like a winner.

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Well I guess the multiple player quest will have to wait. Bioshock is awesome. The story is creepy and wild. Its alot of fun, and really glad I am playing on a DX10 system. Played all afternoon today... Must have for anyone loving on old Half life game. Already mentioned in a previous post. Cya when I finish...

I'll watch this thread to see what the new online multi player game turns out to be that most settle into before i invest......BioShock looks great. I will prolly play that until we find a game that we can really get into as a group online :P