Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quake Wars Demo Kickoff: AK FPS Gaming Night Thursday 9pm

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

I will be there

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Sorry I missed it guys. I was reinstalling my OS tonight ... had some things I wanted to do differently with my setup.
    [AK]Abaddon

Another good turn out with 8 of us showing up. I am going to pick this one up as so far I am having a lot of fun. Looking forward to more maps.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Oct 2 is the Release/ship date. Sounds like a mall run for the Albany AK group

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Rocks View Post
    Oct 2 is the Release/ship date. Sounds like a mall run for the Albany AK group
    I'm in.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Ill be picking up a copy as well. I think I found a new favorite class, altho the sniper is pretty fun, but the engineer especially when playing strog is loads of fun and big numbers.

Just got finished playing on a purewin server that supposedly posts stas so we will see if it shows or not but in 2 games I managed to get 5 or 6 slots on the score summary and rank 36.

56-69 kills each game.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Another fun night of AK fraggin' this Thursday. Bring a friend. All you WoW guys and gals take a night off, download the beta and get yer game on!
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bribo View Post
    Another fun night of AK fraggin' this Thursday. Bring a friend. All you WoW guys and gals take a night off, download the beta and get yer game on!
    Meh, get WiC, much more involved then some silly FPS.
    Ditguidice - Hand of A'dal, Champion of the Naaru ///// Soulquencher - Hand of A'dal, Knight Captain.

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many comprimisises already, too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assmilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!"

I grabbed this tonight, and I have to say had fun playing around with it!
    I have never played a FPS, so I'm pretty damned clueless, but I did ok I think - and I got Most Accurate twice...lol.

Looking forward to trying this with you guys on Thursday. Just don't expect me to play a medic...I only heal in WoW. =)

-Swae

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    THe last FPS I played was DOOM way way back in the day.

To be honest I suck at a soldier, medic, and anything else in close quarters.

I find that hiding up in the hill tops with my sniper scope zoomed way in pickin folks off that make the mistake of stopping out in the open to be quite enjoyable.

Latley I have had the pleasure of playing an engineer which has been a blast as well. I drop defense turrets which blow the crap out of people or vehicles (depending the the turrent dropped), I also have the option to plant mines all over the place as well and repair any machine out on the field. This comes in handy when playing in a vehicle like a tank or the cyclops.

I can take some hits without dropping like a mage in Khara and keep dishing out the punishment. When the enemy is dead I pop out repiar my vehicle to brand new and wait for the next wave to come in.

Field Ops I played with for a little bit and altho fun just didnt do it for me. The medic meh dont like it, soldier im just not good enough in close quarters to pull it off and the rest of em I havnt tried if I left em out.

Glad to see your taking interest and ill cya Thursday.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Figured I should put this thread in its new home. Also, I should be there on Thursday.