Thread: Server Lag

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar

Server Lag

Seems more and more servers are getting that freeze up lag you experience form time to time.

It seems that it is Punkbusters that is causing the problems.

I have been booted a few times to PB not responding and now it seems the lag is also being caused due to PB not only on the server but the client as well.

I read this post on th ET forums and it seems you can manually update PB yourself for you client (since it doenst seem to be updating automatically for some reason) and this may fix alot of the issues you have been experiencing.

http://community.enemyterritory.com/...ad.php?t=12728

Hope this helps a few of us

Wow, it's like BF2 all over again. PB is a pain in the ass. And with it now running as a service its even worse.

That was one of the major issues i had with the demo. Installing a friggen service on my machine without even indicating that PB would be doing so??

Even after i uninstalled the demo i had to manually extract PB.

I'll keep having fun on an almost flawless team-based game, WiC.
    Ditguidice - Hand of A'dal, Champion of the Naaru ///// Soulquencher - Hand of A'dal, Knight Captain.

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many comprimisises already, too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assmilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!"