Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pirates of the burning sea

pirates of the burning sea

anyone checking that out? i think the open beta starts soon...

I've seen it/played it a bit every year I go to the Penny-Arcade Expo. They've really been putting in the time to get it well polished - the crafting system is excellent, skill progression and level progression seems outstanding. As you gain command to larger ships, you cant just take on the world by yourself, as a group of frigitates can take you down if ya let 'em surround ya. Wind speed and directions realistically effect ship's speed and turning and must be kept in mind when planning an attack route on targets.

Last time I played it they were getting ready to impliment hand to hand ship boarding and combat, so not sure how that's turned out. Ports can be blockaded, taken over, etc.

So yeah, worth checking out when the public beta hits.
    Ditguidice - Hand of A'dal, Champion of the Naaru ///// Soulquencher - Hand of A'dal, Knight Captain.

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many comprimisises already, too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assmilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!"

This actually looks like a lot of fun. I'd be up for checking it out come beta.
    Keep me posted if anyone D/Ls it and would like a partner to get to know the game a bit better.

http://www.burningsea.com/page/home

Same here....I thought this one looked pretty cool. If you get any information about the beta, let us know.....Thanks.

i wonder if stitch still has a fileplanet acct... they can acces the beta today

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Choozoo View Post
    i wonder if stitch still has a fileplanet acct... they can acces the beta today
    If it doesn't run on Xbox 360 don't bother/
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

Downloading as we speak...I will post any feedback if I play today! 15 buck a quarter for Fileplanet. Been worth it just for Patch downloads.

Whaddya want from me? [AK]Faxman's Avatar
    I've got my eye on this game. Looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Rocks View Post
    Downloading as we speak...I will post any feedback if I play today! 15 buck a quarter for Fileplanet. Been worth it just for Patch downloads.
    That was a good move... just opened one up. Let me know what you choose for a name in beta

Oh great I can see this game now with Clay wandering about the house saying "ARGHHHH" and stuff

Can't wait for yall to report back about the game.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Is this an MMORPG?
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

yes bribo. I finally dl'ed it all, and will report more tonight....

Looks like 4 factions in this one, British, French, Spanish and, well, Pirate.

yarrrrrrrrrrr!

ok, a quick review after some gameplay...

this is a beta, and is in need of some gameplay mechanics work.

first impression, this is very WoWesque. the mission structure is almost identical.
    currently, there are 2 US servers, and you can only have one faction per server. choices are pirate, british, french and spanish. from there, unless you choose pirate, you can be 1 of three 'classes', naval officer, privateer, or tradesman.

visual appeal, high. it's a very pretty game. character creation is very, very customizable. chances of any 2 level ones looking or dressing alike is slim. (except all the female toons are scantilly dressed, leading me to believe that dudes play them)

2 forms of combat:
    one as a player, one as a ship. it's obvious that they have worked on the ship to ship battles most. they are entertaining and fun. they also include boarding, leading to 'people' battles. kill the captain, win the battle. winning battles allows you to upgrade equipment.

the 'people' combat content is clunky and slower than WoW, but it is different in that you have true defensive moves in your skills e.g. parry.

you fight NPCs and pvp, i haven't come across a pvp fight yet.

the UI needs refinement. i'm not sure if it's customizable, but it looks like the standard blizzard wow interface.

overall, this game has a lot of potential, imagine the huge naval battles of a 12 ship AK flotilla....out on a PvP bender.

unless you love pirates, wait for the true open beta, otherwise, do what i did, i ponied up 6 dollars for a fileplanet membership, dl'ed the game, and will cancel the fp sub next week.

overall this would be entertaining if we get a core 10 people to play, i think this would be tough solo.

game client is over 5GB. dl overnight, then patch updates are another hour...
    queues exist during peak times. a logout to change toons, puts you back in queue.

I think I will wait until its truly an open beta and doesn't require filenazi to get it. Sounds interesting though.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

"I sharded Thunderfury!" [AK]Camelwalk's Avatar
    Submitted for open Beta. Sounds like good times!