Thread: have we learned nothing?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly
    A strong border and harsh stance on illegals sounds great on paper.
    No, it is great.

The problem is that doing it would cripple our economy. I'm not even understating the problem.
    I understand the effect it would have on the economy, and I appreciate your acceptance that these policies are coming from big business lobby to my president. I live in the United States of America, not the United Corporations of America. Maybe US Business should take a peek at how they are getting their work done and change it, regardless of cost. It's their policy that has caused our social ills. They can clean up their own mess.

To just say "be tough on illegals!" is to make the same mistake most liberal thinkers do on damn near everything. They look at a problem and craft a grade school, wafer thin solution without considering the reprecussions fully.
    I appreciate your condescending attitude, and your observation that I must not understand much at all. I'd pay out the nose for pancakes if I knew our border was clean. And I'm sure that there would be quite an offset in welfare benefits and health care costs that wouldn't have to be paid vs. cost of goods that had to be made at minimum wage.

Many US businesses would be forced out of business or made to leave the country entirely if suddenly they had to hire a domestic workforce (and pay them minimum wage plus benefits.) The US would lose jobs, and costs for everything would skyrocket.
    Costs would go up, yes, for everything, no. And because a business is entrenched in shoddy, and yes illegal business practices, that means hat I should just accept it and let any ausländer go get a drivers license? I don't think so. If you think it's so wrong, why not take a few hundred to live in your home?

do you play games anymore? or do you just like to insult everyone else here? if you have all of the answers, run for office yourself. please, please, season your advice with performance.

Have a Fan-tab-u-lous day!
    Last edited by [AK]Choozoo; 10-05-2004 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Because I felt like it!
    **I just have nothing cool enough to put here**