Quote Originally Posted by [AK]FiGHT*CLuB View Post
I almost bought one today myself. Went to the apple store to see it in action and decided not to due to the price of there plans for one. They are way pricey for monthly charges. Also there safari web browser sucks to no end.
Price plans are in line with or cheaper than other smart phones.

Safari web browser blows away any other CELL phone browser in existence. I'm sure there are folks that prefer Blazer or something, but Safari is pretty much universally accepted as the current state of the art.

I have to be able to log into the railroad website to see when I'm going to work. Stupid safari is so incompatible with most websites
Sites that incorporate flash or java coding are not going to work. I suggest that sites which incorporate those technologies in the login area are poorly designed. Safari is a standards compliant browser. Are you sure that your company doesn't have a mobile compliant website (akin to google's m.google.com)?

that I decided it wasn't for me. plus you cant just transfer files to the iphone from your computer. whats the point of having 8 gigs if you can only use them for music and pictures.
There are at least 3 applications which allow you to do that on the app store NOW. Files, Datacase, and FileMagnet. Dozens of apps are being added daily.

Id like to get one but if I cant use it for what I need than there's no point.
No phone is everything to everyone. With the app store, the iPhone is pretty much more than enough for most people.